RE: Summer, I have Received Your Enquiry Into How I Will Be Spending You

*Update, I have awoken from my university induced hibernation. 

For those of you who have read my previous posts, I am sure you are aware of my relationship with procrastination. Well ... We broke up.  Yes that's right, with the grey cloud of deadlines hanging over my head and the actual sun shining outside (a place which I could not permit myself to go during this stress-fest), I finally managed to complete all of my work! 

MY SECOND YEAR OF UNI IS OFFICIALLY FINISHED! You know when you only intend to take a 10 minute nap and wake up hours later? This is slightly reminiscent of year 2. I feel a bit like I've blinked and suddenly I'm at the end of it. However, like any good nap, I enjoyed every second of it! 

Whilst revelling in the absolute glory of being the other side of deadline week in one piece, I suddenly realised that I was facing the impeding doom of not knowing what to do with myself this summer. Instead of letting myself relax, I found myself staring down the barrel of summer's gun, feeling completely overwhelmed with possibilities. 

So, what does a wild Sarah do when faced with this kind of unorganised time? She falls back into her primal instinct; She writes a list!  *see below the resultant list of summer plans*↓

Dear Summer, I hope this list answers your question of how I will be spending you 


Summer plans: 


  • Start research for my dissertation - After living with two third years, I am fully equipped with an insight into the stress dissertations can bring. I have promised myself that I will not fall into this trap! During summer, I plan to throughly research my topic. I'll be ready for you third year! 
  • Enter my creative vault! - I know this may sound strange seeing as I have just spent the past 7 months studying creative musicianship, however, as it is a degree there is pressure to create. Not just create, but to create something of substance (If you would like a more in depth post about the pressure on creativity in academia, or in the music industry, comment below). With that aside, I am so excited to create with no expectations on a result. I have already ordered myself some new musical goodies to have a play with and I am super excited! 
  • Get into shape! - I've spent so long sat down, staring at my laptop these past few months so I am so ready to get back into a structured workout routine! I am already signed up to a sponsored walk and can't wait to fully get back into my running! 
  • Work - Here comes the boring, but essential part to my summer. This one is pretty self explanatory but I feel necessary to put into my list as it brings my head back down to reality and stops me running away with a load of mental (and probably expensive) ideas. 
  • READING! - There are so many books that I want to read and if I'm honest, summer is probably not long enough to complete my to-read list, but I sure as hell can make a dent! 
  • Spending lots of time with family and friends - I will be spending most of summer in Gosport, although I do have plans for some nice trips brewing. I'm really going to take advantage of my time to catch up with everyone this summer! 
  • MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC - I know I already talked about my creativity before, but I feel this deserves it's own bullet point in my list. I've go so many musical plans for summer and I can't wait to start sharing them with everyone! 
  • Events - There are so many events that I plan to attend. Currently, he most exciting for me is Download! I went last year and absolutely loved it! I can't wait to be back there! There's lots of cool free events happening in London as well so I will be back for few of those for example, West End Live! (again, if you guys would like another post about summer events, let me know) 
  • And at last, but by no means least, Blogging about it all of course! I have so many blog post ideas that I can't wait to share with you all! 

If any of you are dealing with a lot of stress, or the come down after it, making a list of summer goals can be really beneficial to help you find your structure and motivation again (but obviously, relax first!). Even if you aren't stressed, I encourage you to start thinking about all of the fun exciting things you want to fill your summer with, simply because it's fun and energising!

Thanks for reading this weeks post! Comment below and let me know what your summer plans are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Video

Instagram

Recent Recommended Playlist

Gallery

...